At The Baird Primary Academy our catering is provided by Chartwell, with the cost of a school meal being £2.85.
Chartwells encourage good eating habits and provide various full-of-flavour foods, which also consider dietary requirements and preferences.
All academy dinners should be booked via ParentPay. For guidance or support on booking lunches, please refer to ParentPay's FAQ's and/or contact the academy office by email or telephone
Free school meals
From September 2014 all pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 in state-funded schools will be eligible for free schools meals. Some students in years 3-6 may also be eligible. Further information can be found on the East Sussex County Council website.
For other children, free school meals can be provided to parents or carers if they are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
Anyone entitled to Working Tax Credit is not entitled to free meals regardless of income.
Children will continue to receive free school meals if they meet the existing eligibility criteria and are in receipt of full-time education or education both before and after the lunch period